Second post of my Digital artefact is up! Finally I’ve got all the large parts and basis of my prosthetic hand printed and now all that remains is the screws and elastic that will make it operational (hopefully)
So far issues relating to the hand is minor and easily overcome with more time and development of the project. These inlcude the size of the hand being different to what I was expecting, yet I’ve went along with it and hopefully can make the same impact on a child, or person with a small wrist. Secondly was the support material from the Right extruder of the Dreamforge was making the holes for the screws to insert into blocked and therefore unusable. This problem happened to the fingers and gauntlet, yet was overcome with the fingers and palm by disabling this feature. The gauntlet will (if time permits) have to be redone trialling this method.
Otherwise this is a progressive video detailing the ease in which this platform offers its users.